Insert the Control (pre PowerPoint 2007)
I'm assuming you have all the prerequisites in place, and have assembled everything in one folder.
And yes, I'm assuming you are running a pre-2007 version of PowerPoint such as version 97, 2000, 2002 (XP), or 2003.
Now it's the time to insert a control placeholder for the Flash movie:
- Make sure the Control Toolbox is visible. If you cannot find it (refer to Figure 1), choose View | Toolbars | Control.
Figure 1: View the Control Toolbox
Note: Remember this is a toogle option. If you have the Control Toolbox already visible, you'll just hide it by clicking this option again.
- Figure 2 shows you the Control Toolbox palette. The bottom right icon in the palette is the More Controls option.
Figure 2: More Controls
- Click this icon to view the list of ActiveX controls installed in your system, as shown in Figure 3. If your list of controls is different from the ones shown in the screenshot, don't worry as long as you have the Shockwave Flash Object control available. Select this option.
Figure 3: Select the Shockwave Flash Object control
Note: If you don't find the Shockwave Flash Object control listed, you need to install that from the Adobe Flash site -- refer to the Get Started with these Four section.
- Once you select this control, your cursor changes to a cross-hair. Drag onto an area of the slide where you want the Flash movie inserted. This area will be represented by a checked box as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: The placed Shockwave Flash Object control
- Now that you have placed the control, you need to edit the properties of the control to insert the Flash movie. This is what I'll show you next...
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.